Saturday 15 December 2012

Review of Project

I started to lose some inspiration from my subject, was not happy with the quality of my work and ask Sian for some feedback on my progress so that I could determine my way forwards.  Sian questioned whether I had been thinking about the direction of my theme and suggested I review all my work and posts to look at my strengths, where my passions lie and enjoy those aspects of my results that have worked. 

One comment that really made me think is my need to present solutions rather than treat the exercises as an investigative journey.  Sian also used one or two quotes from my blog to help me decide on my future progress and I extended this by reviewing all my posts and picking out those aspects of my work that I have really enjoyed. 
  • looking through the broken shell
  • rock pools with mini waves; looking through the layers
  • reflective, translucent light, water reflecting the light
  • waves, gradually fading
  • overlapping translucent layers, producing different tones and new shapes within shapes
  • sun-ray effect of folded dyed fabric; the effect where the resist has left interesting patterns and ghost-like effects of the object
  • gradually faded blue pattern; transferred image fades the more times it is used.
I then thought about these words and how I would progress for about a week and rather than repeating the exercises, I decided to explore those themes I have enjoyed in my work in the next chapters of Design Process and Towards an Embroidered Item, adding addition exercises where needed.     

No comments:

Post a Comment